Sunday, January 6, 2013

Two Suitcases and A Carry On.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I hope that your holidays have been filled with family, friends and tons of fun!

Since I posted last I have spent time with family and friends, had birthday celebrations, a drop in, a party, Christmas with family and about 1000 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners! ( probably gained another me but will be riding a bike for 2 yrs. so I'm sure I'll be okay!!) 
I came to Marietta to spend some quality time with my mother and sisters ( as well as get mom to make a few last minute purchases lol).  As my little sister and I create a packing check list of "necessities", I realize there is ABSOLUTELY no way to pack for 2 years ( in my world haha).  I have exactly 6 days before I leave for San Francisco, California and 7 days before I leave for THAILANDDDDD!!!! 

The craziest part is the nerves have yet to hit me!  I have terminated with my precious clients and begun the closing of my life here in the US, I honestly believed that I would be boohooing by now! ( and if you know me I am sure you were/are thinking the same thing haha) I have this amazing sense of calm right now that I am oh so grateful for.  I believe a major part of the calm comes from a number of things.  Months ago I would have been stressed, worried, nervous, thinking about what ifs and trying to save the world, (and by world I mean people, places, and situations in which I have no control) but recently I had a talk with a good friend and he reminded me that I can't just say I am walking by faith; but I have to do it! And so I did! Literally, everything began to fall into place!

Now, I am headed to Thailand, all of my sisters are in stable jobs and moving up(or getting there) !, my brother is graduating, and my little sister is working towards all that she wants to do! Proud/ happy is a definite understatement! Knowing that all of my CRAZY( I AM THE ONLY SANE ONE ... NOT LAUGHING) siblings are doing well is all I need! I can leave for Thailand NOW...like today Jan. 5th !!! haha!
SOoOo... as I was backing out of my driveway to take my niece and nephew to load up on junk food,    ( thats my job right?! haha) there in the middle of our driveway crept a Crane! We were so confused...He or she looked so out of place!  It was so unexpected! How crazy and random!  I then find that in several cultures, the Crane has symbolic meaning! ( Thanks Tam)

HERE IS WHAT I FOUND:
          The Crane is considered a messenger of God, or a symbol of communion with God, or Light        Beings. It represents entering higher states of consciousness. In China, it represents immortality, long life and happiness. In Ancient Greece and Rome, the Crane was sacred to Apollo and was a herald of spring. In Christianity, it represents goodness, loyalty, good order. 

ISN'T THAT CRAZY AND SPECTACULAR AT THE SAME TIME!!!! I'M STILL IN SHOCK! This alone increased my excitement for the new year and what was to come for me and my family/friends!  And lastly,  ALLLLLL of the support and kind words that I have been receiving! To know that several thousand miles away, there are boundless number of people who are supporting you, asking you to post pictures, requesting your address to send you care packages, writing down your account number, just in case, reading your blog, missing you as you miss them and constantly praying for you, can bring about nothing but ease.   I have truly been blessed with the people in my life as well as the random strangers who have been placed in my path recently.  
ANNNNDDDD....
Yes, closing all parts of my life would seem very difficult... packing my whole life in 2 suitcases and a carry on would be scary.... but if this journey was not meant for me, I would not be on it! So this time next week me and my 2 suitcases will be on an airplane heading to Thailand! I hope this has helped some of you WORRYWARTS chill a bit! Love you all! Until next time! ( in Thailand that is) 

A few pics of my past month! 



Saying goodbye to my baby brother

FUN TIMES 

Me and my sisters! 

Saying goodbye to my nieces! 

My party flyer

My pandora charm! from my boss... isn't it cute! #support!

 
The note my Goddaughter wrote me! 
 
hanging with the homies

 
Random pics

 
Random pics

 Random pics


7 comments:

  1. Love how the blog is chronicling your whole experience! Can't say enough how happy I am for & proud of you! That's so cool about the crane; it's def a sign! I love how God sends us signs of confirmation that everything will be just fine! Great post & can't wait for the next one! So ready to see pics if Thailand too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo excited/anxious for you Rib! This is a HUGE move and though you will be halfway across the world, I am happy! Your courage to follow your destiny, walk by faith and become the wonderful woman God has called you to be is very inspiring. What a beautiful thing it is when opportunity meets preparation. Yohard work, compassion for others and constant faith has met with this great opportunity to move to Thailand. Though it's bittersweet, I must remind myself that it isn't goodbye...rather a ”see ya later.” I was blessed 5 years ago (u know I'm bad in math lol) to have met you, though it feels like we were separated at birth since you refuse to be original lol. To have a true friendship is rare nowadays and ours is one that I cherish! The great thing about us is I'm sure we will pick back up like you never left. So go forth young grasshopper and BE GREAT! I love you and wish you safe travels, fun times and much success. -Signed Your little sister that's bigger than the big sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and bring me back some Thai food (it should be fine after 2yrs as long as you freeze it), a blade of Thai grass, a pair of Thai sandals and a Fanta...the red flavor please :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Sasher! This just made me even more excited! I can't wait to continue to hear more about the excitement and all that this experience will bring you! I truly am a proud sistiend!!! Lol SN though I'm excited for this journey, I can't wait for you to get back and meet my soon to be hubby Kevy! Lol (I'm sure that made you shake your head and chuckle, but I'm serious Hmph!) lol and another SN I love how you have used some of my copyrighted photography up there....hmmmm lol but seriously, so proud! Ready for more blogs, and don't forget to set aside those goods that can't fit in the 2 luggage and carry on...aka combat boots! Please and thanks! Wuv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sasha this is all still so surreal!!!! I am SOOOOOO proud of you and so excited for you I almost feel like it's me lol!!! It's not too late to take just one more suitcase though;-) It's so amazing how God works, even with the crane, just more confirmation that you're following your destiny! Love you much and I can't wait to read more blogs and see pics of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you fulfilling your destiny please keep in touch safe travels ..... Who knows you might see us when we go on vacation lolol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sasha I love you so much and wish the best for u! I will pray for u everyday. I promise to show baby Vanessa pictures of u so when u return she knows you already! Im gonna miss u soooooo much! Please be safe. (writing while in tears) these darn pregnancy hormones :)

    ReplyDelete