Wednesday, July 23, 2014

18 months down 9 more to go! =)

SORRY MISSED THE JUNE BLOG! but it won’t happen again.  

Every day as I am speaking to one of my family members or friends, they ask, "When are you coming home?" "Why is this time moving so slowly" or after I announce we have reached 2/3rds of service, "WHAT ONLY 2/3rds, I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALMOST DONE.” Each time I respond by saying, "Whatttt, noo I feel like these 18 months have flown by, I kind of wish it would slow down. I have so much to do and soo little time. " I never understood what they meant until I started flipping through an old album from right before I left. Here is what I saw:

 
My babies Kamiyah, Jayda, Kennipooh, Trin, Adri, Jesse,DJ , DJ and Madison before I left! 

This is them now!!! AHHH!!! *tear tear* they are growing so quickly!!


All of my little loves, my babies have grown so much! It really brought my 18 months here in Thailand into perspective. I began to reflect, "WOW, a lot of time has passed, I have been a number of places, done so many new things and now only 9 months left!"  Realizing this, two things instantly go through my mind; "How will I spend these last 9 months in Thailand?"  and "What does life after Peace Corps look like for me?"

Two simple questions with such difficult answers. As far as the next 9 months, I have a few plans laid out in both my professional life and my personal life so this does not worry me as much.  I have a few exciting endeavors happening at work and I am signed up to run my first 10 k in September.  I am certain these next 9 months will be filled with lots of new experiences, trips, and life lessons. The idea of life after Peace Corps is kind of scary.   And I just DO NOT know what it looks like.  My mind is everywhere! I have several passions, which makes this decision even harder. * DISCLAIMER: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ MAY BE NEWS TO YOU BUT DEATH THREATS ARE NOT ALLOWED HAHA* For those of you who don't know, the commitment to the Peace Corps is 2 years however you can extend your commitment for an additional year if you can find an organization that is currently doing work in youth development.  Although I have had some bad days here in Thailand, the majority were pretty good.  I was thinking about extending my commitment for an additional year.  Recently, I have met with potential organizations in which I could see a future working with. With that said, I have yet to find anywhere that would make me stay an additional year but the search continues.  My other options are to really up in the air. Ph.D? Psy.D? LCSW?(<definitely) Working in Thailand? Another country? The US?, sigh I just don't know.  

I began to search, stress and over think everything because 9 months sounds so far yet so close. I realized my routine had changed. I was making my normal rounds when I noticed I had not made my bed in one week, which is just not me.  ( I make my bed daily first thing, even in hotels. Weird, I know. haha) One day, I was talking to my sistiends  (sister/friend).  She didn't know any of this was happening but was saying just what I needed to hear.  It was refreshing.  She reminded me that 9 months is enough time to prepare for what ever might be next but if I keep on this endless, over thinking, stressful path I would do nothing but add confusion to my life.  I gave myself a day to pray, unwind, relax, and clear my mind.  The next morning, I felt much better and it didn't take as much for me to focus.  I still have no clue what’s going to happen March 2015 but I feel like I'm going into this search a little less all over the place and more focused which will hopefully lead to good decision making and a happy "whatever's next". 


NOOWW FOR SOME PICTURES OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN UPTO:

Phi Ta Khon: A Buddhist merit making holiday.  They worship the spirits and protectors of the town as well as pray for plentiful rain for a healthy harvest.  
 

 


 
<< Rockets! We were extremely close to the launch station BUT we are alive haha.
 Me and my yii friends! I think they were more worried about me getting darker than just sharing their umbrella! they were so cute haha.
 

  

Mayumi came to visit and all we did was eat haha! 











No comments:

Post a Comment